Father’s Day Weekend is upon us. And I’m a big fan. The Misters in our lives deserve a huge round of applause. Whether married or partnered, as a single-parent, sibling, or friend, they are always there for us whether we realize it or not. More and more, we see Dads being there for each other, which is awesome (seriously, Dads helping each other out and being supportive of one another is a truly great thing). But most important: they are there for our kids with encouragement and love.
Here’s a few inspirations and items from this past week…
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas, part 1: While this notes “10 last minute ideas,” last minute would be something thrown together 6am Sunday morning. Right?
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas, part 2: Aside from a nap on the couch or watching the World Cup in relative peace, here are 6 ideas for what to get Dad (hint: some don’t cost you a dime).
- Sweetness: We already know hearing a baby laugh, especially their first laugh, is enough to make your heart soar. In honor of Father’s Day, I had to share this sweet moment between a Dad and his baby.
- Dad’s Grilling Secret: Have you ever wondered the secret to a perfectly grilled steak or salmon? This guide has all your grilling needs covered. We’re about ready to laminate this guide and hang it on a hook by the grill.
- Read: There are so many great dad blogs out there. Two of my favorites, The Daddy Complex and How To Be A Dad, leave me in stitches while showing me parenting through a Dad’s eyes, like balancing – and struggling with – work and being dad. Yeah, it’s hard for them too.
- Goodness: Last but certainly not least, can I please get an “Amen” on this one?
Let’s give the guys in our lives a high-five with a big ol’ bear hug and thank them for all the amazing things they do, day in and day out. Have a fantastic Father’s Day weekend!—