It was a short week filled with a lot of goodness. That’s the kind of week I like. I’m also in denial May is over. Our Older is about to take up skateboarding lessons (he’s always been fascinated by skateboarders) and this past week, he graduated from preschool. I’m preparing myself mentally for the Younger to head off to a summer preschool program with his big bro, of course. While I’m really excited for this milestone in our family, my heart knows the house will feel unbelievably quiet while they’re off having their daytime adventures together. I guess it’s all part of this wild experience called Parenthood.
Here’s a few inspirations and items from this past week…
- Sweetness: Need a smile? Check out this swimming Dachshund.
- Home DIY: My friend, Kim, of Design+Life+Kids created this awesome patio bento box and it makes me want to find my hammer.
- Self-Care: Since wedding and garden party season is upon us, it’s time to relearn how to do a smokey eye look. I love how Alysia kept the look so classically simple; it’s not over-powering or nor does it time warp to the 80s.
- Relax: I shared four books for early summer reading. I’m looking for suggestions to check out so let me know what books you’re loving right now!
- Bake Now: These popsicle cakes by Studio DIY will be a winner for the last day of school or graduation party.
- Party Prep: Speaking of graduation parties, check out my graduation party board on Pinterest for food, decor, and supply ideas, like cups with labels. Be sure to follow the board – or check back often – since I’ll be loading it up more pins over the next few days.
And on the “let’s help others” front…
- My friends at Domino Beauty Boutique are hosting a Zumba Party on Monday, June 16, at 5pm, to raise money and awareness for the Pink Boat Regatta benefitting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. If you live in the Seattle area, I really encourage you to attend and shake it. If you have two left feet, you can stand in the back with me and we’ll get through it together, I promise. It will be a really fun time and it’s all for a great cause – so round up your friends and get your tickets today!! Tickets are $15 in advance (link includes all the details), $20 at the door.
- The good folks at Lifelong AIDS Alliance are hosting their first Summer Sunset Super on June 7, 6:30pm, at SoDo Park. It promises to be a great evening with delicious food and it includes a silent auction too! The dinner benefits Chicken Soup Brigade, Lifelong’s food program. Tickets are $150 (event details in the link too).
And to wrap it up, here’s a lil’ something to get you a little closer to the weekend:
BTW – if you ever have the chance to catch a Blues Travelers’ show, GO! They throw down like no other.
Have a fabulous weekend!